Sr. Scientist, Protein Engineering
The Senior Scientist, Protein Engineering will be part of Therapeutic Antibodies R&D division of HealthTell. The ideal candidate would have 5 + years of academic/industry experience in protein and antibody engineering with demonstrated expertise in biologic drug discovery and optimization including through use of novel protein engineering platforms. The candidate must be versatile in structure modeling/design, expression technologies and library construction. This position will be a member of a cross-disciplinary team in support of new applications of HealthTell’s peptide array technology to antibody characterization for discovery of novel and highly differentiated therapeutics, biomarkers and measurements of response to therapy, adverse event prediction or monitoring. With minimal supervision, the Senior Scientist will be responsible for project planning and execution, communicating progress and preparing final reports as well as interfacing with collaborators and customers.
- Work in close collaboration with other members of the team in the characterization of therapeutic and diagnostic antibodies using HealthTell’s high density peptide array platform.
- Develop highly differentiated therapeutic monoclonal antibodies using HealthTell’s unique technology.
- Design and engineer immunogens/proteins for generation and screening of antibodies in a variety of platforms.
- Discover antibodies from phage and other libraries and characterize by biochemical and biophysical methods.
- Recombinant and transient expression of antibodies and proteins using different expression systems
- Some level of B-cell screening, isolation and library generation
- Draft and review scientific data and reports to ensure data accuracy and integrity
- Interface with collaborators and/or customers on assigned projects
- Propose novel strategies and technologies to solve scientific and technical challenges
- Independently apply basic scientific principles, perform literature searches, attend scientific meetings, and keep abreast of literature in the diagnostic and bioanalysis fields
- Provide update of project status at periodic project review meetings
- Ph.D. in Immunology, Structural biology, Biophysics, Biochemistry or related field
- 5+ years in academia/industry developing protein and/or antibody engineering, expression and characterization for therapeutic purposes.
- Demonstrates a strong track record of productivity through product development, publication, or presentation
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in an inter disciplinary environment
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Hands on experience in using molecular modeling software such as Schrodinger, PyMol, etc.,
- Experience in library generation and display technologies for biologics discovery
- Hands-on expertise should include molecular biology and protein biochemistry, screening protein libraries, ELISA, biosensor, and/or other biochemical and cell based assays
- Experience with protein and antibody expression, purification and characterization of various proteins including antibodies in prokaryotic or eukaryotic systems is required
- B-Cell isolation by flow cytometry and library generation would be a highly desirable plus. Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent communication skills and be a team player and ability to mentor junior level scientists
- Experience mentoring and providing guidance to junior scientists is desire
- Prior experience working in autoimmune diseases and immune-oncology is desirable
- Ability to work in a demanding, high-energy, hands-on startup environment